In just one week, Backtrace will be exhibiting and presenting a live demo at the Montreal International Gaming Summit. This is the 14th year of MIGS17, with the 2017 edition set in Montreal, CA at the Palais des Congrès de Montréal with a play time of 3 days: December 11th to the 13th. The show will be featuring expo, live demos, sessions, master classes, workshops, a job fair, and plenty of networking opportunities! Did you catch all that? In brief, it’s going to be a packed and exciting conference that our team is looking forward to attending. Read More
Backtrace technical docs, conferences, and industry news.
Earlier this year, we exhibited at Game Developer Conference (GDC) in San Francisco. It was our first dedicated conference focused on game developers—especially those building on Unreal Engine 4—and we had a ton of fun exhibiting and meeting studios and developers. We also reinforced our thesis that crash management for game studios presented some unique challenges our offering was well positioned to improve.
Fast forward a few months later, and we had our first game studios using our platform to revamp crash management process, increase user retention rates, and improve the efficiency of their development team. One of those studios, Fun Bits, the creators of SQUIDS FROM SPACE, was kind enough to share their experiences.
November has been an exciting month at Backtrace. After a significant release in October (PII Data Scrubbers, File Attachments, No Hassle Symbol Management, and more), we recently announced a beta of our native support for the Unreal Engine 4 (UE4), Beyond UE4, we spent most of November focusing on the web debugger, performance and optimizations:
- Performance – Backtrace is now more than 5x faster for page loading when dealing with large number of crashes (200k+) for lists and histogram visualizations.
- Retention Policies for Dump Files – Automate the removal of dump files for security or space saving purposes, and retain attributes and metadata to maintain history and impact analysis.
- Web Debugger – More granular Identification of Missing Symbol and Guessed Call Frame are now available.
- The performance and consistency around concurrent symbol uploads has been improved.
Let’s take a peak behind the curtain to see what’s in store. Read More
Calling all gamers – As we are enter the holiday season here in the U.S., the elves at Backtrace have been hard at work preparing a new batch of presents!
We’ll kick off this update with the announcement of beta support for our newest platform, the Unreal Engine 4 (UE4). Read More
- Backtrace as an Electron Crash Reporting Solution
- Backtrace sponsoring free usage for open source projects.
It seems only fitting that we combine these two posts and give free access to Backtrace for members of the Electron maintainer community. Read on to find out how to submit your crashes to the Electron Backtrace instance.